[PD] streaming audio and video in Linux

mark edward grimm mgrimm at syr.edu
Fri Feb 27 16:26:58 CET 2009

hmmm... yeah sorry for changing the subject on this.

I was actually wondering the opposite of the original poster, how to get a stream 'into' pd....

For example i have access to a stream (http://someone-elses-website/live12.asx) that is not my own....

This stream I can open in VLC player for example....

How can I utilize this stream in pd? directly or indirectly (through vlc player?)..... to do motion tracking on the stream for example.

the pdp_theora stuff is just for streaming out FROM pd correct?