[PD] [PD-dev] pd-ext documentation [was something else]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Mar 1 07:00:51 CET 2009

On Feb 28, 2009, at 2:22 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
>
>> Sounds like a useful thing.  How about sticking this info into a
>> subpatch in the help patch?  They could easily be parsed with
>> textfile
>> and route.  Then there is only one file per object to maintain.
>
> The [pd META] approach, yes. But there is no vanilla way to get a
> directory listing.

I think Miller uses grep, does that count as vanilla? ;)  On Mac OS X,
the spotlight searching stuff would bring up the patches based on
keyword.  It would be great to have the GNOME searching stuff work on
Pd help patches too, it might already.  I guess the Windows file
system indexing would work the same way.

.hc