[PD] string2any in arduino.pd is now broken

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Mar 1 10:23:38 CET 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Windows doesn't have symlinks, so that's why this doesn't work on
> Windows.  I think MinGW's "ln -s" is supposed to make a copy, cygwin's
> "ln -s" will make a Windows "Shortcut" but they only act like symlinks
> when in Cygwin.  But it sounds likely that there is something amiss
> with this symlinking stuff.

and you forgot: svn creates a copy from symlinks as well (that is: if a
symlink was checked into the repository, and you check it out on w32,
you will get 2 copies of the same file, changing (and committing) one,
will have an effect on both; all in all: symlinks ought to be  transparent)

fgmad
IOhannes