[PD] fractional delay for PD

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Mar 1 11:24:42 CET 2009

Hallo,
David Doukhan hat gesagt: // David Doukhan wrote:

> I'm trying to use a variable fractional delay in one of my patch.
> I've tried to use vd~ , but was not really convinced by the results I
> obtained. It seems I need a better method.
>
> Does anyone knows other PD external that could implement fractional
> delay with variable delay length?
>
> By the way: I'm tring to have a look at the litterature related to
> that subject...
> I don't even know what method have been used in vd~ ...
> The only thing I've read in the corresponding help patch, is that the
> interpolation method used by that component does an interpolation over
> 4 values.

There are some more details in Miller's book:
http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/techniques/latest/book-html/node113.html

A classic document is Jon Datorro's "Effect Design Part II:
Delay-Line Modulation and Chorus" available here:
http://www.stanford.edu/~dattorro/research.html

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__