[PD] Arduino/SRF05

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Mar 1 23:14:23 CET 2009

It wouldn't be so hard, but you'd need some arduino programming
experience.  If you want something like that sensor that is really
easy to use, get a Maxbotix, you can just hook them up to an analog
pin and read them immediately with Pduino:

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/categories.php?c=84

.hc

On Mar 1, 2009, at 5:03 PM, Dafydd Hughes wrote:

> Thanks Hans-Christoph
>
> In over my head again.
>
> cheers
> dafydd
>
> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>>
>> I think that is one of the sensors where you have to do the
>> triggering and
>>  pulseIn measurement yourself. There are examples on the arduino
>> forum of
>> firmwares that do this, then if you combine such a firmware with
>> the Firmata
>> Arduino library, then you'll have a firmware that will work with
>> Pduino and
>> that sensor.
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On Mar 1, 2009, at 3:43 PM, Dafydd Hughes wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks
>>>
>>> I'm wondering if anybody can point me at an example of using Pduino
>>> and an SRF05 ultrasonic ranger? Not sure how to get the microsecond
>>> intervals needed. Apologies if this is covered elsewhere on the list
>>> or if it's just a stupid question.
>>>
>>> cheers
>>> dafydd
>>>
>>> --
>>> www.sideshowmedia.ca
>>> skype: chickeninthegrass

>> "It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means
>> we don't
>> have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
>> Environmentalism", by
>> Curtis White
>>

> --
> www.sideshowmedia.ca
> skype: chickeninthegrass

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne