[PD] Arduino/SRF05

Dafydd Hughes dafydd61 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 01:54:17 CET 2009

Hi David

I'm sure it's easier than I'm making it.

Really, I just need to turn the data from the arduino into usable
floats. Right now it's coming in as ascii characters and I'm building
lists between carriage returns. Hopefully I can now turn those lists
into numbers without too much trouble. Should I maybe be doing this
with binary numbers? Would that be easier?

cheers
dafydd

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 7:44 PM, PSPunch <shima at pspunch.com> wrote:

> Hi Daffydd,
>

> I don't recall having too much trouble transferring bytes from an
> Arduino over to [comport].
>
> Do you not have any data flowing between the two, or is your concern
> more about how numeric figures are to be formatted?
>

> --
> David Shimamoto
>

>> Hey Hans-Christoph
>>
>> Actually, I've had the sensor working with Arduino and pulsing LEDs
>> for a while - that part's fine. Now it's just getting Pd to understand
>> Arduino's Serial.println that's giving me trouble. I'm going to open
>> up [arduino] and I bet I'll find the secret there.
>>
>> I was hoping there's be a strictly Pd way to do it - it's for an intro
>> workshop and I was going to show folks how super-easy it is. Hopefully
>> I'll be able to show folks how almost super-easy it is instead.
>>
>> This may be one of those rare occasions where it's actually easier to
>> do something _without_ Pd:)
>>
>> cheers
>> dafydd
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> It wouldn't be so hard, but you'd need some arduino programming experience.
>>>  If you want something like that sensor that is really easy to use, get a
>>> Maxbotix, you can just hook them up to an analog pin and read them
>>> immediately with Pduino:
>>>
>>> http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/categories.php?c=84
>>>
>>> .hc

>>> All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one
>>> chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language;
>>> and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne

www.sideshowmedia.ca
skype: chickeninthegrass