[PD] SQLite3DBv0.03

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Mar 2 19:21:29 CET 2009

Hallo,
Mike McGonagle hat gesagt: // Mike McGonagle wrote:

> Thank you very much for the Linux Makefile. While I don't have access
> to a machine right at the moment, from reading this, it appears that
> this is set up to link to an SQLite3 LIBRARY file, right? If that is
> the case, the way that I am doing this on the Mac is to compile the
> object code of the compiled SQLite code, I am not linking to a library
> object.
>
> I pretty much do that because the Mac uses SQLite for a LOT of system
> things, and I have heard that there can be some issues with updating
> the Library object for SQLite on your system, and then the Mac does
> one of it "auto updates", finds that the SQLite object file is
> DIFFERENT than the one currently installed, and then will overwrite
> the NEWER version you just compiled, with the older library object.

It's true, my Linux makefile links to the system wide version of sqlite3
and thus requires that and its -dev(el) headers installed. While it can
happen that the distribution's package managers install versions that
are newer/incompatible to the one you are using with the Pd library, we
Linux users don't care too much and just do another "make pd_linux". ;)

But my main reason was that I'm not good at writing makefiles at all so
I just copied the standard snippet over with as little changes as
possible. I only removed the -Werror (there is one warning when
compiling which breaks on Linux) and added the library linking with
-lsqlite3.

Ciao
--
Frank