[PD] strange wave

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Mar 2 19:32:00 CET 2009

Hans Roels wrote:
> Hello,

hi.

how does this relate to "Arduino/SRF05" to which thread it references?

> Sometimes when I record audio in Pd, a wave file is created that Pd
[...]
> problem yet but I'm trying... (I think it has something to do with using
> 'writesf' in an abstraction).
>
> I 'm working on Windows XP and this problem occured in Pd 0.40.3 and in
> 0.42-4.

your problem is most likely related to not properly closing the
soundfile. you MUST send a [stop( message to [writesf~] in order to
"finalize" the wav (that is: replace the dummy length in the header with
the proper one, which is only known at closing time)

fgmasdr
IOhannes