[PD] SQLite3DBv0.03

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Mar 3 08:19:03 CET 2009

Hallo,
Mike McGonagle hat gesagt: // Mike McGonagle wrote:

> I have had the discussion with many people who "advocate" Linux about
> how "user friendly" it really is, and something tells me that this
> 'and just do another "make pd_linux"' might not be what we want for
> NON-Technical users.

Well, usually you don't need to do it. But *if* something goes wrong,
"make" to Linux users is what "reboot, reinstall app, reinstall
Windows" is to Windows users. And if OS-X manages to update sqlite
in a way that breaks simple objects using it (except for major version
changes) than that's not very friendly to tech- and non-tech users.

I think, if you want to distribute general purppose binaries from your
site or pd.info, then linking statically is fine for sqlite (and
things like pdlua).  But people who download the source and compile it
on their own can make use of the system wide libraries, so the default
in the Makefile should be dynamic linking IMO.

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__