[PD] list issue

YOhannes THIS_IS_POP at web.de
Wed Mar 4 12:31:43 CET 2009

Frank Barknecht schrieb:
> Hallo,
> YOhannes hat gesagt: // YOhannes wrote:
>

>> ive got some trouble with list handling, maybe somone can give me a hand.
>>
>> i like to group an unnown number of floats in a list. (these floats
>> are the result of different divisors, used all for a fixed value. like
>> 100/16, 100/32...)
>>
>> what i want to do is to put them randomly into the list as long as the
>> sum of all items
>> in the list equals the size of the fixed value. this seems to be pretty
>> difficult...since i use
>> random i cant know what the next float will be.
>>

> I don't know if I understand correctly what you mean, but maybe
> [list-equalize] from the [list]-abs collection can help. It scales all
> elements in a list so that their sum is 1.
>
> If you add a new element into the list this will change the value of old
> elements in the list of course.
>
> Ciao

maybe i should explain a bit more... the list is thougt as a sequence in
(ms)values.
i use the length of a master sequence (ms) and divide it by these values
( 2, 4, 8, 16, 32).
now my idea was to use random and gate to trigger the different results
of the division into a new slave
sequence, the list. so the length of it depends on the random values...

thanks.j