[PD] Pd seriell printers

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Mar 4 16:19:23 CET 2009

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, brandt at subnet.at wrote:
> On 3 Mar 2009, matju at artengine.ca wrote:
>> I know nothing about this printer in particular, but if it's a new machine
>> with a RS232 port, I suspect that it's because of systems that still use
>> the old Epson protocol:
> yes it is a new one. And now I will check the papers

yes I understood that it's a new one, I just mean "for any new machines
with a RS232 port, it's probably because of systems that still use the old
Epson protocol". I say that so that you understand my reasoning. You could
use that idea to pick different hardware if you need to or if you find any
other reason why anything else would be better.