[PD] Call for GSoC mentors! March 9th deadline!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Mar 6 00:56:18 CET 2009

Wow, nice, very thorough.  I think this wiki will end up being a good
reference for people who want to take on projects no matter if we get
it or now.  Dan, could you add your name and gmail account to the list
of mentors (yes, it has to be gmail):

http://puredata.info/dev/summer-of-code/GSoCOrganizationApp2009

.hc

On Mar 5, 2009, at 6:06 PM, danomatika wrote:

> Ok, I added it to the project wiki: http://puredata.info/dev/summer-of-code/Debug64Bit
>
> On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 15:38 -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>

>> Yes, that's a great project.  Add it to the wiki!
>>

>> .hc
>>
>> On Mar 4, 2009, at 7:52 PM, danomatika wrote:
>>

>>> Do you think a valid project would be to debug pd / pd-extended 64
>>> bit builds?  After losing a few days trying to get a solid 64
>>> build of pd+externals, I'm a bit disappointed at the current
>>> state.  It's something rather boring, but would be quite useful
>>> for the future ... the next OSX (Snow Leaopard), for instance will
>>> be natively 64bit.  (I assume for asking the question, I would
>>> need to be the mentor?)
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Dan Wilcox
>>> danomatika.com
>>> robotcowboy.com

>> "[W]e have invented the technology to eliminate scarcity, but we
>> are deliberately throwing it away to benefit those who profit from
>> scarcity."        -John Gilmore
>>

> ---
> Dan Wilcox
> danomatika.com
> robotcowboy.com

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice,
it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith