[PD] Pd/GEM and camera for tracking

Jack jack at rybn.org
Sat Mar 7 13:15:16 CET 2009

Hello David,

Thanx for all this informations using an analogue camera.
It's good to know there is FireWire extensions, but it is very
expensive (245 pound sterling !).

If i understand, the system is like this :
Analogue camera with BNC -> BNC baluns with power -> cat 5 cable ->
composite baluns with power -> composite to FireWire400 converter ->
FireWire400 to FireWire800 cable -> MacMini -> Pd/GEM ?

I know that analogues cameras are good solutions, but with all this
stuff, there is no risk of noise ? ;) (tell me if i'm wrong).
++`

Jack