[PD] Call for GSoC mentors! March 9th deadline!

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Mar 8 00:14:31 CET 2009

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009, Enrique Erne wrote:

> what about MoreGUIs since that is kind of related to DD, isn't it?

Due to the GUI API being used by that project proposal, no, it's probably
less related to DD than most any other GSoC submission. I mean, it's
negatively related, whereas other proposals are just neutral towards it.

> even though it has already 2 mentors... the more the better right?

Well, after 2 applicants, it doesn't really matter. It's not like both are
going to desist. Only one gets to be the mentor, in the end.

> it seems a pretty opportunity to add a project of your choice and add
> yourself as a mentor. you can only win or not?

I have no idea what I could submit, that could be reasonably accepted and
that could be reasonably completed by an unspecified student.

So, what was the outcome of the previously accepted projects? Were the
goals completed? How did it happen? I don't really recall reading about
this.

How do students get chosen?