[PD] GSoC web project idea

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Mar 8 20:08:54 CET 2009

I've had an idea for a long time for a web interface to the patches
that people post to the pd-list.  Basically, lots of really great code
is posted to the Pd list, but it is not very easy to find it there.
What if there was a searchable database of all patches posted to the
pd list.  You could search by object name to see all patches that use
a certain object, then download it.

I think that someone who was a decent web programmer could do this.
Perhaps using something like Lucene, or really whatever.  Is it worth
a summer of code project?

publicity.          - Bill Moyers