[PD] What is the name for a Patch memory object

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sun Mar 8 21:08:43 CET 2009

Yes, they are abstractions found in extended.

For just a few sliders you could use the trick
of setting their properties to Init=true, so
they are persistent between patch save/loads
and also send out their values when the patch
loads.

Another simple way is to rig a message box
to store some values with the 'set' message,
then use [loadbang] and [route] to restore
them to objects/guis.

On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 19:54:48 +0000
Geoff <geoffspuredata at googlemail.com> wrote:

> >> You may want [memento] or [ssad]
>
> > Hi
> > I am using PD extended
> > are they objects?
> >
> > I ask because I tried to create either as an object  but just got
> > the 'couldn't create' message.
> >
> > maybe I need jesus after all :)
> > geoff
>

> On 8 Mar 2009, at 19:42, Andy Farnell wrote:
>

> > You may want [memento] or [ssad]
> >
> > There was also an amusingly named [jesus]
> > (Jesus saves)
> >
> > a.
> >
> > On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 19:36:54 +0000
> > Geoff <geoffspuredata at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Quick question
> >>
> >> I am searching for an object to handle patch memories.
> >>
> >> I just want to be able to capture the values of nine sliders to a few
> >> different memory locations to act as presets but I can't seem to find
> >> an object to do this.
> >>
> >> Which object should I be reading about?
> >>
> >> If I knew the name I could find put about it :)
> >>
> >> cheers
> >>
> >> Geoff
> >

> > --
> > Use the source