[PD] pd~.abstraction to make pd~ more like pd

Luke Iannini lukexipd at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 13:12:22 CET 2009

Hallo all -
Speaking of [pd~], I made this tonight.  It's meant to let you make
(or convert) abstractions for pd~ more easily, with the niceties of
abstractions (mainly: arguments!) and straightforward inlet and outlet
handling.

Call it like [pd~.abstraction myabstraction foo bar baz] and it will
do its best to emulate simply writing [myabstraction foo bar baz].
The only caveat is it requires a standardized input/output layout (1
inlet/outlet and 2 inlet~/outlet~s) - modify as you wish; I'll see if
I can think of a more flexible implementation.

Send messages like [INLET whateveryouwant( to send [whateveryouwant(
to the inlet of your abstraction.  The outlet of your abstraction will
come to the outlet of [pd~.abstraction].  The inlet~s and outlet~s are
also mapped accordingly.

Thanks to IOhannes for testargs and FBar for list-l2s - those made the
(purepd) argument hackery possible.

It would be cool if pd~ supported arguments natively!

Hope this helps get more started using [pd~].

Best
Luke