[PD] Call for GSoC mentors! March 9th deadline!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Mar 8 20:53:40 CET 2009

On Mar 7, 2009, at 9:51 AM, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-03-07 at 11:26 +0100, Enrique Erne wrote:
>> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>> The Google Summer of Code ((http://code.google.com/soc/) application
>>> is due very soon, March 9th, and we need mentors!  At this point,
>>> you
>>> just need to put down your name.  Then once the projects are in,
>>> we'll
>>> choose projects and who will mentor them.
>>
>>> Every pd developer who wants to support the project but is not
>>> student
>>> anymore is invited to join as mentor, since the number of sponsored
>>> projects by google depends on the number of mentors and students.
>>
>> Andy, Claude, Frank, Marius, Mathieu, Roman where are you guys?
>>
>> add your names, hurry! :)
>
> yo, i am happy to add my name, but i guess it only makes sense for
> me to
> take a mentorship of a project, that is about patching and not c
> coding.
> from what i have seen, there is only one project - undead - which
> seems
> to be about patching. derek holzer is already proposed as a mentor.
> does
> it make sense to propose more then one mentor for a project?

You could also create a new project based on something like creating
libraries out of all that useful code in netpd.  Basically, think of
something that you would like implemented in Pd that you could mentor.

.hc

> roman

> Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC: http://
> messenger.yahoo.de

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself
of it.            - Thomas Jefferson