[PD] self-modifying and dynamic patching

Luke Iannini lukexipd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 23:21:49 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Derek Holzer <derek at umatic.nl> wrote:
> Would like to show some examples of dynamic and self-modifying Pd patches
> during a workshop here in Berlin. I know there are some in the archives (and
> maybe on people's HDs) somewhere, but damned if I can find them. Links to
> previkous posts or new examples welcome!
Here are a few I've done:

[hotpack] (in sfruit/ in pd-extended) dynamically builds a [pack]
object along with enough [t b a] objects to make every inlet hot.

[deeprouteOSC] (ditto) creates a chain of [routeOSC] objects so you
can route something like /synth/filter/cutoff instead of making 3
objects.

[troute] (ditto) is a settable [route] object, where you can pass a
list to its rightmost inlet to change what its routing.

[nsend/nreceive] (in nsend/ in pd-extended) gangs sends together, for
when you want to send the output of a multi-output object elsewhere
(e.g. [nsend 3 $0.notein] creates an nsend with 3 inlets, and
[nreceive 3 $0.notein] creates a corresponding nreceive).

[hotpack] and [deeprouteOSC] are probably the best balance of
complexity vs. utility.

Best
Luke