[PD] change samplerate locally

hard off hard.off at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 08:44:03 CET 2009

to re-create the sound of a dx7 i need to change samplerate from my default
(44.1khz) to 28khz.
globally changing pd's samplerate to 28khz has the intended effect, but i
want to be able to run other patches at 44.1khz while running my dx7 at
28khz.

i naively tried adding this construct to the output, but the sound is
completely wrong:
(if it doesn't show, the phasor~ is connected to the right inlet of the
[samplehold~])

[inlet~]           [phasor~ 28000]
[samplehold~]

[outlet~]

i thought about it for a bit, and i understand why that doesn't work, but i
can't think of another solution.

is there some way i can 'mimic' 28khz samplerate while running pd at 44.1?
or even better, is there some way to locally set the samplerate for a
patch?  i tried messing round with [block~] but i can't make it do what i
need.

also, i need to mimic a 12bit DAC~ too.