[PD] steep filter?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Mar 16 09:25:28 CET 2009

Hallo,
Jo?o Pais hat gesagt: // Jo?o Pais wrote:

> yes, I had seen that graphic as well. but trying out the highpass
> iemfilters with noise, turns out that 10 hip~s work better.

Hehe, I guess that's because you filter noise: It's harder to recognize the
noise that the 10 hip stages added. :)

> I looked in my list of pd-ext objects, but found no elliptic filters. are
> there any, or any way of getting their coefficients to use with biquad~?

Elliptic filters are rather hard to design, most of the time you will find
Butterworth or Chebyshev designs in our little audio world.

A biquad~ has only two poles and zeroes, so you would need to cascade several
stages to get a really sharp filter.

Ciao
--
Frank