[PD] Unified Library was Re: Call for GSoC mentors! March 9th deadline!

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Mar 17 10:16:53 CET 2009

Hallo,
Enrique Erne hat gesagt: // Enrique Erne wrote:

> i had a look at rjlib. it's a beautiful collection. i love the fact that
> it is not too big and not using any external.
>
> though why is there a u_sssad.pd it seems the same as the original
> sssad.pd frank didn't you say once you would prefer that people don't
> include their own copy of sssad?

No, I'm fine with that - actually it's encouraged. sssad.pd is just a single
file. But people should keep theire copy up to date. ;)

What I don't like is if people use [sssad/sssad] and expect it to work on
everyone's system automatically.

> same with the new-fast list-drip in u_listdrip.. is it just for
> naming-convention that you renamed the abstraction?

Yes, it's just for the naming convention we use. While I don't want to
duplicate other libraries, I also wanted to include a minimal set of useful
list-handling-objects. IMO list-drip, list-map/reduce/filter, a list serializer
and an index lookup are the core objects for list-operations in addition to the
builtins.

> the whole e_ and s_ part is fantastic there are some really powerful
> effects and filters in there. i looked more carefully and the only phone
> related one is m_touch2grid which could be useful without a phone too.
>
> is this the correct url?
> http://svn.rjdj.me/scenes/trunk/rjlib/rj
>
> hm... now i've seen
> http://svn.rjdj.me/scenes/trunk/rjlib/
>
> this is ofcorse phone specific and what confuses me now is that there is
> a copy of sssad.pd

We include sssad as u_sssad because it's central to the saving system (as are
the u_loader and u_dispatch objects) so including it lets people use it without
having to fetch it from somewhere else  first. Rjlib is pretty much
self-contained.

> anyway rjlib/rj is just beautiful. what license is it released under?
> i couldn't find anything about that in the wiki.

Ah, tagging all objects with licenses - that's something on my big TODO
list. :(

rjlib is planned to be GPL v3 with some patches, like those that have been
taken from the docs, under BSD. sssad or the list-stuff for example is still
BSD.

Ciao
--
Frank