[PD] www.pd-tutorial.com

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Mar 17 12:57:27 CET 2009

Looks good, a nice surprise, I didn't even realize you were writing
it.  I added this to my class syllabus site, I'll let you know what
the students say.

Koray, a PID would be a fun book to write, I am up for it!  First lets
get the FLOSS manuals Pure Data book out there.

.hc

On Mar 17, 2009, at 7:59 AM, Koray Tahiroglu wrote:

> Congratulations Johannes,
>
> This book will definitely be a bonus teaching material together with
> Miller's book for the computer generated music course that I am
> planning to teach next autumn. I had already involved Andy's book
> for the Sound design ( + a bit physics of sound ) course. Now lets
> hope that they will add these courses in the next curriculum :) and
> I guess there is one book we are still seeking at the moment that
> focuses Physical Interaction Design, the same way as Johannes' book.
> Earlier together with Hans we developed PID course materials, and
> his latest work embedding firmata in arduino library hopefully will
> bring up more Pd examples, and maybe later we will have another
> book. What do you think about this Hans? That would be great :)
>

> Koray
>

> On Mar 16, 2009, at 9:42 PM, pd-list-request at iem.at wrote:
>
>> Message: 4
>> Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 20:12:21 +0100
>> From: Johannes Kreidler <jkreidler at gmx.de>
>> Subject: [PD] www.pd-tutorial.com
>> To: pd-list at iem.at
>>
>> hi list,
>>
>> I am pleased to announce that the big pd tutorial I wrote in the last
>> years with the help of a grant by the Music University of Freiburg /
>> Germany, is now online, in english and in german.
>>
>> It is also available as a book (paperback) at Wolke Publishing House,
>> where the "bang" book was released.
>>
>> At the moment, Amazon says that it's not available, which is strange
>> because it's definitely released, but at least it can be purchased at
>> the Publishing House itself.
>>
>> http://www.pd-tutorial.com
>>
>> http://www.wolke-verlag.de/musik_u_t/loadbang.html
>>
>> http://www.buecher-zur-musik.de/assets/s2dmain.html?http://www.buecher-zur-musik.de/53108697370a2cb3f/5310869bc400a7a02.html
>>
>> http://www.amazon.de/Loadbang-Programming-Electronic-Music-Pure/dp/3936000573/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books-intl-de&qid=1235853524&sr=8-3
>>
>> Cheers
>> Johannes

> M.Koray Tahiroglu
> Acoustics Lab / TKK
> http://mlab.taik.fi/~korayt
> http://www.acoustics.hut.fi/~ktahirog/
> tel: +358 45 233 6272

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne