[PD] (yet another) www.pd-tutorial.com

Alexandre Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 02:09:05 CET 2009

Congratulations! It is certainly something we need.
In Fact, I am doing a book myself :)

and I am about to share it.

I got it in Portuguese for now. Who wants to take a peak? :)

I present topics such as: *Wavetable Synthesis - DC Offset – Modulation
(Amplitude, Ring, Frequency, Pulse Width) – Additive/Subtractive Synthesis -
Filters – WaveShaping - Spectral Analisys (FFT/Resynthesis) - Convolution &
Convolution Reverb - Vocoder, Cross Synthesis - Phase Vocoder*.

Gladly, it is a different proposal, so johannes book, as well as Miller's
and Floss Manuals all are complementary publications.

Talking about Phase Vocoder is an attempt to make it more accessible than in
Miller's book, in a sense that I wish to reach people with no Background in
Computer Science. I dont emphasize much on programing and implementing
things in Puredata, so books like johanes' are definately handy...

I like the part on Convolution, as it is not covered in other pd books I
guess.

Actually, I would really like to discuss this with you people.

I must say we need to improve Pdpedia and commit to this project as a
comunity. I can handle the Portuguese and English part.

Lets better promote Pd by publishing about it! :)

Cheers