[PD] GEM on Linux netbook

danomatika danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 04:00:47 CET 2009

        Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.  I will hold off on
        the netbook
        idea for now.

        Actually, the AudioPint concept is really playing with my
        imagination.
        Hmmm...
        Gem in a box, literaly.  With enough forethought, it could be
        awesome.

        -Ben

Yes do an audio pint. Get a Mini ITX board with say a dual Atom or Core
2 Duo and an NVidia
card and you should be alright.  I just got a new Pico ITX board a
little larger than a pack
of cigarettes.  It's a 1Ghz VIA with 1G ram and its running PD in
realtime nicely.  Don't go
nano or pico ITX as you'd have they have integrated graphics and no pcie
expansion slots.

---
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com