[PD] stop animation/motion in pd/gem

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Mar 19 21:36:31 CET 2009

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, mark edward grimm wrote:

> i just stumbled on "toonloop":
> http://alexandre.quessy.net/?q=toonloop

When, two weeks ago, my girlfriend introduced me to ToonLoop, I
immediately thought about this music video made in 1986:

     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMylfkSDKV0

> just got me interested/curious if someone has written a similar patch in pd (toonloop = processing.org)....

Should be fairly simple. GridFlow has a nervous_video.pd patch that shows
how to store a bunch of frames in a big grid... for 32 frames of 240 rows
of 320 columns of 3 channels, you just make a grid of size (32 240 320 3)
and that's all.