[PD] [PD-dev] does anyone know of a good Eq I can use?

Bryan Jurish jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Mar 20 09:44:27 CET 2009

moin babysco,

if you're on linux, you could use the LADSPA plugin 'Multiband EQ
(1197/mbeq)'.  Check if it's installed with:

 $ listplugins | grep mbeq

Instantiate it in Pd with [plugin~ mbeq].  Send it 'control #N VAL'
messages, where N is an integer between 1 and 16 (inclusive), and VAL is
a dB value between -70 and 30 (inclusive) to change gain on each of the
16 bands.

I've got a GUI for this hanging around if you're interested, but it
probably requires a whole mess of my other abstractions and maybe even
hacked externals.  Still, you (or anyone elese) are welcome to it.  You
could also try generating a GUI yourself with my Pd::Patch perl modules,
which come with a ladspa-plugin-wrapper-generator, but then you'd
probably need to write your own abstraction template ;-)

marmosets,
  Bryan

On 2009-03-20 03:39:40, babsyco babsyco <babsyco at hotmail.com> appears to
have written:
> Hi guys,
>
> I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can find a decent 8-band
> (or greater) Eq patch? I don't need anything too fancy-I tried to make
> one myself, but I'm still figuring out how the lop~ and hip~ objects
> work and I'm in kind of a hurry.
>
> Thanks-enjoying all your emails very much.
>
> babsyco.

Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology