[PD] DIY GSoC: getting those projects done

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 21:01:59 CET 2009

Of course it would be nice to do the projects regardless of funding,
but in reality they just won't get the same attention to detail and
thoroughness.  I don't have a job except through grants like this..

I'm still all for making apython libpd module... but who knows when
summer rolls around and i'm broke.

Do you think it is any good to question/complain to google about not
getting accepted two years in a row?  I looked at some of the other
project pages and not only is the pd application just as good, I think
the proposed projects are much more valuable to the open source
community.  I don't want to name anything in specific, but I saw some
well funded projects that only proposed various bug fixes, that were
accepted (literally there is a project that says "go through the bugs
list and fix whatever you can).

regards,
Rich