[PD] data-structures short questions

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 21 02:28:29 CET 2009

ah, now I know. it never happened to me, because I never used enough to
make them visible. that's a nice example patch.

btw, in order to control the display of the individual elements I used -v
in the definitions of the base struct (that gets taken by the array). that
allows for individual control, and it should be the only example missing
 from your file.

> Here's a patch to show what I mean.  Even for a two-pixel drawing in a
> hidden subpatch, flashing happens when the visibility is toggled.  So if
> you use any other patches with datastructures (or the same one twice as
> an abstraction) it will be noticeable, regardless of the drawing
> complexity.
>
> Btw: I notice in test.pd that if leave the first abstraction open and
> then close test.pd, I get two errors, like:
>
> error: .x9dd9e0: no such object
> error: .x9cc8a0: no such object
>
> (0.42-4, winxp sp3)

exactly same specs here. I also notice another thing: my draw area is in a
gop, and the patch is to be used as a gop. so, when using a gop ind the
2nd degree, the setting for "hide object name and arguments" of that area
doesn't get saved. (no problem with the level above)