[PD] default [output~] in Pd-extended

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Mar 21 13:07:22 CET 2009

Steffen Juul wrote:

> On 21/03/2009, at 3.44, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

>> On Mar 11, 2009, at 8:42 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>>>
>>> but myteries unveiled are good for learning.
>>> so it boils down to in-line documentation of the mysteries used.
>
> Unveiled mysteries are indeed good, yes, we could almost define it as
> learning. But did you learn Modern Algebra before Linear Algebra?

i don't think i can follow you here.
it seems like you want to keep people from teaching "Modern Algebra"
because the students might not have learned "Linear Algebra" yet.
this leaves us at learning only the most simplistic ideas, unless we can
enforce people to encounter mysteries only at well defined places in
their life.

i think most RPG work like this. i would prefer my life to be less linear.

>> So here's my attempt at a vanilla combination of Miller's output~,
>> rradical/ezdac~, and pddp/dsp.
>
> I find that quite confusing. I can't say i know how it works.

i can only tell you that it is buggy: if you "mute" and then adjust to
valume (in "mute" state), and then "mute" again it doesn't do anything.
probably this makes it harder to understand.

gfamrd
IOhannes