[PD] Horizontal Connections (Was: Re: style guide idea: [send foo] versus [; foo( )

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 22 00:51:20 CET 2009

Hi Martin,

Here's my proposal: horizontal connections should only be used when the upper object has only one outlet, and the lower object has only one inlet.  Otherwise there will be always be ambiguity.

With your example of all outlets pointing to the same inlet, there is still ambiguity as to whether or not all the outlets are actually connected.  That's fine if your patching style is to connect them first, and only line them up after.  But if someone is debugs a patch they made that includes your abstraction, they would have to click and move objects to be certain all the objects are actually connected.

-Jonathan