[PD] ADSR variations [was: Re: Patch-off]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Mar 22 12:27:49 CET 2009

Hallo,
Jonathan Wilkes hat gesagt: // Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> Actually [list $1 $2 $3 $4 $5] seems to work in this context, but I guess
> that's because the first arg isn't a symbol.  Is that why you're saying [list
> append] is needed?

The [list] object will behave differently depending on its first argument: You
get to choose between [list prepend], [list append], [list split] etc. The
following arguments have different meanings depending on the first argument.

E.g. [list split 3] will split a list at position 3, while [list prepend 3]
will add a "3" in front of your incoming list.

If you create [list] without any argument it will be the same as [list append],
but if you'd use [list $1] then the value of $1 will decide, which kind of list
operation you get. So if $1 is "split" you get a splitter, if it's "append"
then you get a [list append].

So [list $1 $2 $3 $4 $5] is *not* the same as [list append $1 $2 $3 $4 $5]!
Try it by sending something into both and print the result.

Ciao
--
Frank