[PD] Problems compiling zexy

Martin Hiendl martin.hiendl at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 22 13:30:06 CET 2009

Hi!

I have a problem with compiling zexy. I have successfully compiled
Pd-Vanilla on my Ubuntu 8.10 (amd64) and its directory is:
~/install/pd-0-42-4/
And pd also found the extras when I put the path
to /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/...

So I tried to install zexy and downloaded it via CVS following these
instructions:
http://puredata.info/Members/jb/ext-doc

I got stuck after "make" receiving this error message:

ath=sse -msse  -c -o zexy.o zexy.c
gcc -export_dynamic -shared  -o zexy.pd_linux  *.o -lm -lc
/usr/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol xport_dynamic; defaulting
to 0000000000004e10
strip --strip-unneeded zexy.pd_linux
cp zexy.pd_linux  ..

And after "make install" I got this:

xyz at xyz-laptop:~/externals/zexy/src$ sudo make install
[sudo] password for xyz:
gcc -export_dynamic -shared  -o zexy.pd_linux  *.o -lm -lc
/usr/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol xport_dynamic; defaulting
to 0000000000004e10
strip --strip-unneeded zexy.pd_linux
cp zexy.pd_linux  ..
./makealias.sh ../src/alias ../src ../reference
./makealias.sh: 24: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
make: *** [alias-bin] Error 2

What can I do?
Thank you!
Martin