[PD] flashserver works great on one computer but not on another! Please help!

Thor Johnson thorrific at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 19:41:07 CET 2009

Hi, I use a MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, OSX 10.5.4, Pd-extended
0.40.3, for my main computer.  I made a thing using flashserver that I use
to send variables to Flash to control stuff there, that all works great!

My big problem is that I have an art show coming up, opening this Saturday
March 28th, and the gallery secured two Dual 2.5 GHz PowerPC G5s for my
show, (even though I told them I probably needed intel macs).  I installed
the latest version of Pd-extended for PowerPC Macs on these computers, and
now when I go to create the flashserver object in PureData on those
computers, it seemingly creates just fine, but in the output console window
of PureData I get the message:

"error: flashserver crossdomain.xml not implemented in Pd"

and the flashserver doesn't work even though the object creates.  Help!!!!

Does anyone know why this problem is happening and what if anything I can do
to fix it???