[PD] style guide idea: [send foo] versus [; foo(

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Mar 22 14:23:14 CET 2009

On Mar 21, 2009, at 2:39 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Martin Peach hat gesagt: // Martin Peach wrote:
>
>> It's a fun exercise for some kinds of mind to make all the non-
>> vertical
>> lines either horizontal or 45 degrees, as in the attached screen
>> grab.
>
> Ha, yeah, that's really cute!
>
> Unfortunatly I clashes with another personal preference I have:
> avoiding
> horizontal lines.

I think avoiding horizontal lines should be pretty high up there on
the no-no list.  Or making lines that go up for anything but feedback/
loops.

Any I can't think of any reason why you should ever cross over an
inlet or outlet, i.e. Frank's #4.

I made another attempt on A04.line2.pd to highlight the messages
themselves: