[PD] default [output~] in Pd-extended

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Mar 23 09:09:16 CET 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> So if we are introducing the concept of objects and GUI in Pd, then I
> think it is safe to use GOP objects.  After all, we don't expect newbies
> to know anything about C or Tcl, but that's under it it all.  I don't
> think we should add an output~ to help patches that don't already have
> them.  I just think we should have a more intuitive and usable output~.
> The current one already uses GOP, so that's not a change.

i fully agree.
and would like to stress, that i am pretty sure that most users will not
have a clue about gop when they first encounter the [output~] module (be
it a new one or the original one).

at least i cannot seem to find any documentation about gop prior to
3/A.05; nevertheless i think it is a good idea to use a gop-abstraction
here.

fgmasdr
IOhannes