[PD] Problems compiling zexy

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Mar 23 10:42:32 CET 2009

Martin Hiendl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a problem with compiling zexy. I have successfully compiled
> Pd-Vanilla on my Ubuntu 8.10 (amd64) and its directory is:
> ~/install/pd-0-42-4/
> And pd also found the extras when I put the path
> to /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/...
>
> So I tried to install zexy and downloaded it via CVS following these
> instructions:
> http://puredata.info/Members/jb/ext-doc

this documentation is *outdated*
you should chekout the sources with subversion rather than CVS (which is
only there for legacy reasons)

getting zexy:
% svn co
https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/externals/zexy/

> I got stuck after "make" receiving this error message:
>
> ath=sse -msse  -c -o zexy.o zexy.c
> gcc -export_dynamic -shared  -o zexy.pd_linux  *.o -lm -lc
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol xport_dynamic; defaulting
> to 0000000000004e10
> strip --strip-unneeded zexy.pd_linux
> cp zexy.pd_linux  ..
>

> And after "make install" I got this:
>
> xyz at xyz-laptop:~/externals/zexy/src$ sudo make install
> [sudo] password for xyz:
> gcc -export_dynamic -shared  -o zexy.pd_linux  *.o -lm -lc
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol xport_dynamic; defaulting
> to 0000000000004e10
> strip --strip-unneeded zexy.pd_linux
> cp zexy.pd_linux  ..
> ./makealias.sh ../src/alias ../src ../reference
> ./makealias.sh: 24: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
> make: *** [alias-bin] Error 2
>

> What can I do?

the problem is that ubuntu has switched to zsh and makealias.sh used to
be a bash-script.
i believe this is fixed in subversion.

a hack to make it run with the old and outdated zexy is to change the
first line of makealias.sh to "#!/bin/bash"

but better use the subversion version.

fgmasdr
IOhannes