[PD] ADSR variations [was: Re: Patch-off]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Mar 23 15:19:21 CET 2009

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo Jonathan,
>> Consequently, the behavior of [list $1 $2 etc.] is exactly the same as
>> [list append $1 $2 etc.] in this case.
> I would prefer the more verbose form [list append $1 $2 ...] just for clarity.

It's not for clarity that you should want "append" to be there, it's so
that $1 can be a symbol if need appears for it.

Otherwise, it just takes you a minute to learn that [list] with a float $1
is a shortcut of [list append] and it's not much harder to remember than
any other shortcuts, especially if you already know that [list] is a
shortcut of [list append].