[PD] DIY GSoC: getting those projects done

dmotd dmotd at gmx.net
Mon Mar 23 15:20:08 CET 2009

hmm.. now i would have thought that with google investing a great many
resources into mobile technology, ie. their first real attempt at killing off
the competition (apple) with their phone architecture (android), and with the
relative success of rjdj for the (apple) iphone, they would be rushing at the
opportunity to port a 'killer app' to their gadget and supporting the
environment that harbours this app (pd). afterall the frivolous world of
consumer gadgets requires that users have access to lovely toys that do the
things which make those consumers like the gadget enough to warant spending
the cash in the first place (no decent software, no gadget, no matter
how 'cool', nerdy or utilitarian the thing is in the first place).

to be even more cynical, i would suggest that if the application was rewritten
to suggest a focussed effort at making pd/rjdj support android and that
the 'other' modifications fell under this umbrella project we may have stood
a better chance. but this is all rather hypothetical and would require
playing silly games with a corporate monolith.

or perhaps a company that relies so heavily on string manipulation considered
pd useless? ;)

ciao
dmotd