[PD] variance from mapping library

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Mar 23 21:44:25 CET 2009

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> You can send simple repeated sequences to [mapping/variance] to show that not
> only it can drift in the negative values almost endlessly, but it doesn't
> even compute the variance of N values.

Here is another patch. I call it [mapping/variance2]. It computes a moving
variance using exactly the $1 last values and not any more than that. It
has more rounding error, but it doesn't have any unwanted delay between
the two moving averages used in computing variance.

#N canvas 744 170 273 272 10;
#X obj 39 33 inlet;
#X obj 39 184 outlet;
#X obj 39 52 t f f;