[PD] Faust and PD

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 20:27:51 CET 2009

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/realsimple/faust/faust.html

Geoff,

I looked at the Faust website a while ago, and for the same reason,
didn't go much further than having a look. I believe at that time it
only generated Linux binaries. If you are into it a bit, and want to
learn how to deal with the lower level stuff, try the link above.
Julius Smith knows what he is talking about...

You might also want to look at their literature, I saw a paper on Pd
and Faust, but have not looked at it yet.

Mike

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Geoff <geoffspuredata at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I have been going through the examples in the faust library and it seems
> nice and straight forward :)
> The only part that confuses me at the moment is how to use the compiled
> objects in PD and wether the PD objects faust creates are only usable in
> linux.
> I am using PD extended on an intel mac osx10.4.
> For example when I compile the band pass filter example found here
>http://faust.grame.fr/catalog.php
> I end up with 7 files
> bandfilter.pd
> bandfilter~.pd_linux
> faust-control.pd
> faust.gate.pd
> faust-r.pd
> faust-s.pd
> faust-timer.pd
> I have put them in a place where the Path of PD searches and all the objects
> work except the main one.
> bandfilter~.pd_linux
> Am I correct in assuming that although Faust to PD works it only works for
> LINUX users and that it can't be used by me in OSX?
> Cheers
> Geoff
> www.kgw.tu-berlin.de/~lac2007/papers/lac07_graef.pdf

Isaac Asimov  - "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."