[PD] default [output~] in Pd-extended

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Mar 25 03:29:54 CET 2009

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Should we let snarkiness end this discussion?  I thought it was actually
> pretty productive til this little bit...

You can still work around my comments, and continue this discussion, but
what I'm trying to say is that you can't necessarily just wave some word
like "intuitive" and explain nothing about why you use it and expect
people to just nod and call it productive.

Go be productive with your intuitivity if you will, but when I make a
comment like that, it's because I'm concerned that something is going the
wrong way. I don't mock for the sake of mocking.

If there can't be any disapproval of your ways, then why do you look like
you want to get some approval at all? You can simply change the numberbox
in pd-extended so as to suit your fancy and that would be the end of the
story.

Now if you could simply present your reasons to believe that a numberbox
may be unintuitive to beginners in a way so significant that it warrants
avoiding it, ... it sounds curious, so, I'm curious. Do you think sliders
are nonintuitive as well? Pd's sliders are pretty nonstandard as far as
UIs go.