[PD] default [output~] in Pd-extended

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 05:38:16 CET 2009

> Intuition improves itself by learning.

This is my most beloved pedagogical principle.

I must constantly disabuse my composition students of the notion that
"composing systematically" and "composing by ear" are entirely
different activities, as though "The Ear" were totally disconnected
from "The Mind" (of course, the ear is the more romantic homunculus in
this scenario).

I say, the best time to look for constraints on your freedom is when
you feel the most intuitively "free..." it's possible someone else is
doing the thinking for you (see ProTools), and the constraints that
are there are really the ones that are your own and haven't inspected
yet.  This is something that learning addresses.

Matt