[PD] style guide idea: [send foo] versus [; foo(

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Mar 25 17:32:41 CET 2009

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Or making lines that go up for anything but feedback/loops.

Well, if you first make sure that most lines are as short as possible,
then there's not much need to worry about lines going up. A single-outlet
object connected to a single-inlet object that doesn't get connected
anywhere else, can have a 2-pixel line. After that, wires going up is a
minor trouble and/or simply a necessity.

I do lots of lines that go up, especially to an object at the same height,
so, object-wise, it's a kind of horizontal connection, but the rendering
goes up because outlets are at the bottom of boxes and inlets are at the
top.

> Any I can't think of any reason why you should ever cross over an inlet or
> outlet, i.e. Frank's #4.

Because the font changed after the patch was made. Which is probably an
issue for all of Pd these days...?