[PD] DIY GSoC: getting those projects done

error developer errordeveloper at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 18:34:55 CET 2009

hm ..
i think it's not appropriate to compare pd to programmng languges
we do call it a languge, but it's rather more corect to call it like
and visual engeneering environment whch hase a set of object or
something like that,
if you could at least compile them into some sort of binaries - that
would be a bit more comparable ..and pd is not a virtual machine
either ..
may be it is in some way, but all these VM thing is inapropriate
anyway, that way you are putting it in the row with Java and dot.net
..and that is not were ost of us wanna be ..
you can put pd (max and perhaps reactor) into the row with LABVIEW and
Simulink(mayb), and those are rather engenering environmnts then
languages as such, i think the langueges should be  rather limited to
those you code with in a tet editor..

anyhow these disscussions are inappropriate cause they don't make any
difference - i just wanted to give my poiint, as Mathieu said about
[demux] ..
that leads to flae wars like between tclers and lispers ..but to me
both are actually quite simpatic ;))
and i can see my self coding in both one day ..

and once again - i don't see them programmers using software like pd
or max or labview - those are more for engeneers
yeah some people are proper engeneers and progammers at the same time,
but they are not the majority.. if we all where great at both things
everything be working much better and much moreusable perhaps .. ;)