[PD] experiments with fiddle~

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Mar 27 00:02:56 CET 2009

> i'm trying to experiment and learn how [fiddle~] works, using it to control

You should probably use [sigmund~] instead. It's not working perfectly yet
but is the future.

One thing to keep in mind when trying to use pitch and envelope tracking
for synthesis control is that the automatic process (fiddle or any other)
will never get it 100% correct. So you'll have to develop strategies for
musically applying this incomplete analysis.

As for some technical solutions to event detection the work of Nick
Collins (mostly supercollieder and matlab I believe) has some good methods
www.informatics.sussex.ac.uk/users/nc81/researchml.php