[PD] steep filter?

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 27 01:41:06 CET 2009

> hm, i'm certainly not against this idea, as i'm not opposed to sharing
> what i've done, if it is interesting for others.
> but i don't use pd-extended myself a a lot and actually i don't know the
> process of "getting externals into the system".

that is quite easy: contact directly H-C Steiner to get a svn account,
then upload your code - or ask him more about how to do it.

> also, i don't know about the policy of pd-extended or where it's aiming
> at,
> but i guess that the externals that get in there, must have somehow
> proven to be useful to many users.

ahhh, there's no policy. anyone who manifests interest in joining in joins
in, I guess. there's also no admittance test, so everyone just puts in the
code he wants (sometimes even buggy code). which makes the whole a thing
not really totally übersichtlich (one of the GSC projects was to organize
and catalog the externals on pd-ext).
but pd-ext is quite used (only hardcore people/code developers prefer
pd-van), and it's the easiest way to make the code available to everyone.
of course it can happen that no one notices it's there, because there are
around 2000+ files in the /extra folder of pd-ext.