[PD] pd-extended font paths

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Mar 27 15:03:57 CET 2009

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009, Phil Stone wrote:

> Oh, Gem, of course.  So when I'm not using Gem, I can safely do without
> those eight path elements, then? Also, while I'm being a whinging
> pest...it's impossible to add a path element that lives inside the
> pd-extended.app "folder" using the path dialog.  This is because OS X
> makes the .app package not look like a folder, I suppose, but it's
> unfortunate nevertheless.  Off to edit the .plist, I go.

If Pd-Extended is GPL'd, then it could use some code that I wrote some
years ago (mid-2006?) for editing pdrc:

   http://artengine.ca/desiredata/gallery/pdrc_6.png

Except that it would be made to work with Pd's path system instead of
reading/writing .pd files.

If that part of Pd-Extended is not GPL'd, this is a tiny piece of quite
ordinary code really, so, much any adaptation of it will look like it was
made by someone else... copyright applies better on bigger or more
original chunks of code.

So, the "add" button opens a folder-selection dialogue box for adding a
path at the bottom of the list. The "remove" button removes the currently
selected row in the listbox. "up" and "down" move the currently selected
entry up or down in the list, swapping position with the entry in that
direction (to change path priorities). There is no known limit to the
number of entries in that listbox. The 2nd listbox could be done away with
if Pd-extended doesn't want a dialogue for -helppath. The rest of the
dialogue can be ignored, you can do it the way you want.

(the example in the screenshot is obsolete... loading that lib now
automatically modifies the -path and -helppath in an implicit way)