[PD] rjdj, was : Re: [equalizer] / [lowshelf] / [highshelf] in purepd!

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Mar 28 15:37:56 CET 2009

Hallo,
cyrille henry hat gesagt: // cyrille henry wrote:

> nice to see all of this good stuff in pure vanilla pd.
>
> i've got some questions : -why this is not available in pd-extended / in pd
> svn?

The rjdj-svn is the canonical location for rj-lib, but of course as it's
GPL/BSD it can be copied anywhere. For contributions we can only accept stuff
that either is BSD or transfers copyright to Reality Jockey as we want to avoid
legal problems as a distributor of rjlib to others ("others" currently includes
Apple, so we have to be extra-extra cautious about this.)

> -did you benchmark e_beequad~ regarding to bequad~ specially when cutoff /
> band is change frequently)

Do you mean to "biquad~" or what is "bequad~"? biquad~ in Pd should be a lot
faster, but I didn't benchmark it.

> -have you noticed that in svn/nusmuk/osc you can find lot's better bl saw
> that you can use (ok, it use expr~, but you can easily remove it). this bl
> oscillator use a personal enhancement of miller technique.

No, I hadn't seen this. It doesn't seem to need the [samphold~] which would be
cool to avoid anyway. Could you elaborate the algorithm a bit and how it's
better?

I think, currently it's probably a bit slower because of the sin(), but maybe
that could be put into a tabread~.

Ciao
--
Frank