[PD] abs~ and exp~ fixes [was: rjdj]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Mar 30 12:23:43 CEST 2009

Hallo,
volker b?hm hat gesagt: // volker b?hm wrote:

> i tried that, but here pd vanilla always prefers its own internal abs~.
> sticking the external abs~ into /Contents/Resources/extra/ didn't help.
> neither did creating an extra folder (with abs~ inside) and adding its
> path to pd's path preferences (this normally works for adding my own
> externals).
>
> where would i put the external, to overrule the internal?
> as i understand from the recent discussions this process is rather
> convoluted, but is it also unpredictable?

It's "strange" and in the opinion of several other developers like IOhannes
(and I think me, too) buggy by design, too. But if you load the abs~.pd_darwin
with "-lib abs~" then that should override the internal.

However it's better for now to replace the [abs~] with the tabread~ solution I
posted as "absolute~.pd" yesterday. Just embed it into the patch.

Ciao
--
Frank